Theme

Doctrine and Covenants 88:62-63
And again, verily I say unto you, my friends, I leave these sayings with you to ponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall call upon me while I am near --Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eternal Sisters

This a poem shared by Betty Roberts:

ETERNAL SISTERS

Oh, look! She's coming!
Isn't it wonderful?
She's doing my work for me today
And she's smiling because she's here.
I'm so glad. I prayed that she would be happy today
And that she would leave her worldly cares outside
So she can sense that I am here with her,
And that I am thrilled to finally have my
Temple blessings so I can progress.
It's been such a long time...
I'm so glad that she is concentrating
On all the blessings she is receiving for me.
There are tears in her eyes.
I hope that she feels that, I too, have tears in mine.
How beautiful these blessings are!
How sweet and humble the ordinance workers are
And I really liked eh new name I received.
Isn't this a glorious endowment room!
Everyone looks so beautiful all in white.
I'm so glad they are all reverent
So I can understand the tokens, signs
And covenants I am making today.
How beautiful her voice is as she
Talks to the Lord through the veil...
The celestial room is magnificent and so peaceful
And now---I'm so glad she is kneeling at the alter for me
So I can, at last, be sealed to may family.
Thank you, dear sister, for doing this work for me today!
I must leave you now
But when you arrive in the Spirit World,
I will know you.
I will throw my arms around you
And I will thank you...and I will love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment