Theme

Doctrine and Covenants 88:62-63
And again, verily I say unto you, my friends, I leave these sayings with you to ponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall call upon me while I am near --Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will restore a historic site in Pennsylvania

Formerly known as the town of Harmony, the site is in Oakland Township in Pennsylvania near the present-day town of Susquehanna. This site is important to Latter-day Saints as the location where Joseph Smith received the Aaronic Priesthood at the hands of John the Baptist and, in a nearby location, received the Melchizedek Priesthood from Peter, James and John in 1829. These men appeared as angels to restore to the earth the same authority they had received from Jesus Christ. The site is also significant as the place where Joseph Smith translated much of the Book of Mormon. These events laid the foundation for the restoration of the original Church established by Christ Himself.

The announcement letter from the First Presidency invites interested Church members to make a small, one-time contribution to the restoration project by specifying “Priesthood Restoration Site” on the Tithing and Other Offerings slip that is available from bishops and branch presidents. For more information on this please visit: http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/60801/Church-to-restore-historic-site-in-Pennsylvania.html

No comments:

Post a Comment