Theme

Doctrine and Covenants 88:62-63
And again, verily I say unto you, my friends, I leave these sayings with you to ponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall call upon me while I am near --Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Latino Cultural Program

October Latino Program to Commemorate Christ’s Visit to the Americas


This year, the Church will present Luz de las Naciones: Sus Promesas, a Latino cultural program, on October 26 and 27, at 7:30 p.m. in the Conference Center auditorium.

People who wish to attend may obtain free tickets starting September 4 online at lds.org/events or by calling 801-570-0080 or 866-537-8457, with a limit of 10 tickets per person.

The cultural program will be presented in Spanish only, but a limited number of headphones will be available for those who would like to listen to the event in Portuguese or English. Conference Center doors will open at 5:30 p.m., and those attending should be seated by 7:15 p.m. Sunday dress is encouraged.

There will not be a live broadcast, but the show will be recorded for a future broadcast. Details of the broadcast will be announced later.

Prior to the event, individuals can view a Conference Center exhibit featuring art from Latin American and Polynesian artists, as well as photographs of the first Spanish-speaking unit in Utah. The art is selected from the Ninth International Art Competition. The exhibit will run from October 19 to November 30.

For more information you can go to:
https://www.lds.org/church/events/october-latino-program-to-commemorate-christs-visit-to-the-americas?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment