Theme

Doctrine and Covenants 88:62-63
And again, verily I say unto you, my friends, I leave these sayings with you to ponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall call upon me while I am near --Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Monday, October 22, 2012

New Bishopric Sustained

Hi Sisters!

We hope everyone was able to attend Sacrament Meeting yesterday.  If you were not able to be there we'd like to let you know a new Bishopric was sustained:

Bishop: Bill Rudy
First Counselor: Bryce Bunting
Second Counselor: Duane Wilson
Executive Secretary: John Pigott

This quote was on the front of the Sacrament Meeting program yesterday:

"By our sustaining vote, we make solemn promises.  We promise to pray for the Lord's servants and that He will lead and strengthen them.  We pledge that we will look for and expect to feel inspiration from God in their counsel and whenever they act in their calling. ...As we raise a hand to sustain a person, we commit to work for whatever purpose of the Lord that  person is called to accomplish."
President Henry B. Eyring, Called of God and Sustained by the People.

Please remember to keep our Bishopric and their families in your prayers. :)

Have a wonderful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment