Theme

Doctrine and Covenants 88:62-63
And again, verily I say unto you, my friends, I leave these sayings with you to ponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall call upon me while I am near --Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ward Christmas Party


Ward Christmas Party - A Night in Bethlehem


By order of his Royal Majesty, the Emperor, it is decreed that all the world is to be counted and taxed.Therefore, let each person and family come for "A Night in Bethlehem" to be taxed according to law.Donkeys must be tied on the south side of the building and enter through the proper gate.Everyone must dress in "Biblical" attire to enter the city.Bring a blanket for your family to rest on from their long journey, you may find that the Inn is full.Each family will be assessed taxes (a canned food donation).A light supper will be available in the open market.All taxing will take place on the date, time, and place shown in the lower corner. Those found disobeying this law to appear, will be sentenced to a holiday season without the true spirit of Christmas.So let it be written. So let it be done.
Caesar Augustus

Date: December 10, 2011
Time: 6:00pm
Place: Our church building.

You do not have to dress in biblical attire. Please come! It will be an enjoyable evening with a beautiful spirit!

Bring one can of food per family to pay your taxes. It doesn't have to be one can per member of your family, it can be just one can per family. If you can't bring a can of food that's okay, just come anyway! :)

And remember if you signed up to bring food please bring it prepared (cut, sliced, diced etc) in a plastic bag. If you have any questions at all feel free to call Pat Davis at 801-375-7657.

No comments:

Post a Comment